As a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ, your participation is vital to living out God’s mission through The United Methodist Church. Every day you are giving light, giving love, and giving to a world in need through your prayers, presence, gifts, and service.
The Advance remains committed to sustaining a strong foundation that allows projects and missionaries to build relationships and empower their ministries. In the past, we were fortunate to offer matching funds to motivate giving. This year, while matching funds will not be available, we remain confident that generous supporters will continue their commitment to vital ministry. We have witnessed your ability to utilize The Advance to change your communities positively. To keep this momentum going, The Advance continues to allocate 100% of all giving to the designated project and missionary. Give to Strength for Service today!
Ways You Can Get Involved to help Strength for Service
- Say a prayer for men and women who receive the books.
- Include the above banner with the tagline #StrengthforService UMC #GivingTuesday #GlobalMinistries on your website and newsletters, social media sites, and church bulletin. Share our video above through our Facebook page.
- Integrate stories of Advance projects and missionaries into meetings or sermons leading up to November 29.
- Take time for a mission moment during Sunday worship.
- Invite children to pray for a police officer, fire fighter, military officer or other first responder who belongs to your church.
- Take a “selfless selfie” holding a sign with a UMC #GivingTuesday graphic that says, “On UMC #GivingTuesday, I’m giving light, giving love, and giving life. Please join me by supporting #StrengthforService November 29. Post these selfless selfies on social media and your website.
- Post a graphic from the resource page and encourage people to upload a selfless selfie using one of the graphics.
- Ask friends and family to make an early Christmas gift in your honor to Strength for Service November 29. Or make a gift in honor of those on your Christmas list.
- Send an email to your community network asking for support for Strength for Service in The Advance, on November 29, UMC #GivingTuesday.